Monday, May 2, 2011

I did it all by MYSELF!



After using it twice, I came to regret the garbage disposal. My 100-year-old plumbing does not care to play nicely with it. (That’s OK, because for most of the year, my kitchen scraps go to compost anyway.) I was annoyed that I went to the trouble and expense of having it installed, and I didn’t want to spend another nickel to get rid of it. So I took it out! All by myself!

Except for help from an instruction manual, a how-to book, two online tutorials, and three people at two different hardware stores.
 
My lovely drain

Other than that, though, I did it completely unassisted! I took it out and replaced it with a regular drain and plumbing. It doesn’t even leak! Yaaaaay!

The kitchen is almost done, except for a tiny bit of painting and the backsplash. I put all my dishes and pans and cans and bottles in the new cupboards. We are ready to roll.

Which is good, because this week is the first Harmony Valley CSA share of the year. I can’t wait!

5 comments:

  1. Very impressive! And - lucky you, about to get that first Harmony Valley box! I will miss them so very much this season. My NoDak CSA doesn't start until (gulp) July!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whaa-a-a? JuLY?! Don't they have peas or lettuce or radishes or strawberries or spring onions out there on the badlands?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know! But sometimes the co-op gets stuff from WI, so last week they had spring ramps. We are just getting leaf buds on our trees!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job on removing the garbage disposal. Can't wait to see what you cook up with the CSA boxes in your new kitchen! I'm getting one too (Harmony Valley) and each year I look for new inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Manisha! I'm looking for new inspiration, too. Thank goodness it's CSA time again.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments - nothing scatological, please. If you wouldn't bring it in the kitchen, please don't say it here.